Knowledge Cafes

Home Forums Organizing a THATCamp Knowledge Cafes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Veronica Armour
    Participant

What do you think of including a “Knowledge Cafe” as part of a THATCamp? Is it a relaxed enough format to fit an un-conference event?

Patrick Murray-John
    Participant

I’m not personally familiar with a knowledge cafe, so I’m really just going from what Wikipedia says about them.

That said, it sounds like it would be a fun experiment for a THATCamp. The thing that seems to distinguish it from most THATCamp sessions is the part where the group breaks into smaller groups to discuss the same topic. So, what I imagine is a knowledge cafe that spans over two “regular” THATCamp sessions, one with the big group all together, and one where people are broken into the groups.

Assuming there’s a big room where people all meet to build the schedule, that room might work great as the place to span over the session. People would meet together to start the session, then part way through break into groups in the same room.

Is that making sense from your experience of knowledge cafes?

Veronica Armour
    Participant

Thanks, Patrick! You and I were looking at the same source information. I’m going to put it on the list of things to consider for our THATCamp and we can always cut it later if it ends up not fitting in.

Patrick Murray-John
    Participant

Sounds great! If you do it, let us know how it works. We’re always looking for new ways to make THATCamp more helpful.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
RCHN Mellon Mellon