Draft agenda etc. for THATCamp Council meeting 4/22

Home Forums THATCamp Council business Draft agenda etc. for THATCamp Council meeting 4/22

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Amanda French
    Keymaster

The first THATCamp Council meeting is scheduled for Tuesday, 4/22 at 1pm Eastern time. In my experience, Skype is the most reliable Internet tool for holding such meetings, so I chose that over Google Hangouts or another tool. I then realized, however, that Skype calls aren’t “open” in the sense that people can listen in. If you’re interested in listening in, let me know, and I’ll figure out another means of meeting. We will definitely post notes afterward, at least.

Please do also post here anything you’d like the Council to discuss, and (as Chair pro tem) I’ll add your issue to the agenda. Here’s a draft of said agenda:

• General introduction by Amanda
    • Going over the logistics of the Council
    • Picking a Chair (to assume chairship after this meeting)
    • Allocating responsibilities (forum moderation, Twitter account, etc.)
    • Agreeing on how often to meet
    • Making revisions to the Charter (adding a method to remove a Chair, removing the section on first election procedures, clarifying “openness” of meetings, clarifying policies on recording meetings and posting recordings)
    • Discussing whether to delete the THATCamp Google Map and the THATCamp Google Calendar
    • Adopting an anti-harassment policy
    • Scheduling next meeting
    Scott Paul McGinnis
    Participant

Hi Amanda, I’d like to see something about fundraising on that list. It would be great to have some money to put into scholarships, special events, etc. But this will take some time and effort, so getting it on the table early might be a good idea.

Amanda French
    Keymaster

Good idea, Scott. I’ll put it on the agenda. I do think a lot of that happens at the local level, but I’d love to see some more effort put into helping local organizers raise that money.

Patrick Murray-John
    Participant

Couple wee additional thoughts

Instead of “anti-harassment policy”, maybe call it “Code of conduct”? Not if that would make it significantly more broad. That might be a question for us to consider.

THATCamp.org structure. Not suggesting a redesign, but some parts and pages seem like they could be moved around or revised. “Session types” might be up for revision, and it seems like some of the content in About, FAQ, THATCamp 101, and Register pages could be consolidated. Some of that might make sense for the boilerplate language for each camp in their About and Proposing pages?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
RCHN Mellon Mellon