Casa Foros Cuestiones técnicas Log in info not sent

Etiquetado: , , ,

Viendo 6 publicaciones - del 1 al 6 (de un total de 6)
  • Autor
    Publicaciones
    mi Tootill
    Participante

The THATCamp registration template says «You should receive a separate e-mail with your login and password information,» but campers trying to register for my THATCamp aren’t receiving this information. Is there a way I can manually set their log-in usernames & passwords? The wordpress log-in page has a link for new users to register, but that takes them to the main thatcamp.org registration. Gracias!

• Este debate fue modificado ahora mismo por mi Tootill.
    Amanda French
    Superadministrador

Hi Mia,

Sí, if you have admin privileges on your site, you can go to users’ profiles and set a password for them and email it to them manually. Your site is http://cny2016.thatcamp.org, corregir? I’ll do some testing to see if I can replicate the lack of emails sent. It is true that sometimes they go to people’s spam folders, which might be all that’s happening. Sino, I’ll try to pin it down.

¡Salud,

Amanda

mi Tootill
    Participante

Sí, I am an administrator, but there’s no option to view/change users passwords…And I’ve tried registering through a different email–nothing in my spam. I can ask people to email me their proposals if necessary…Sí, site is cny2016.thatcamp.org.

Gracias,

Mia

Amanda French
    Superadministrador

I did confirm yesterday that the login info emails aren’t being sent and did a bit more testing of the issue, so I’m going to put in an issue with our (strictly volunteer) developers to see what’s up — it can’t be an issue with email sending generally, because other emails are being sent properly, including other THATCamp Registrations emails, login info reminder emails for people with existing accounts on thatcamp.org, and «activate your account» emails when people register a new account on thatcamp.org.

Drat, you’re right that you don’t have the right to set people’s passwords — triste. Since I’m a system admin, I can, and I mistakenly thought site-level admins could too. The better workaround, entonces, until we get this fixed, is to manually email people the link to reset their passwords: http://thatcamp.org/wp-login.php?action=lostpassword People whose registrations are accepted are getting properly created as users and added to your site, so they just have to «reset» (really set) their passwords to find out what they are.

Sorry for the inconvenience! Will try to get it fixed.

Amanda French
    Superadministrador

A propósito, it occurs to me that you could put that link in the «Accepted Registration» email in THATCamp Registrations so that it’ll be there in the email that people get when their registration is approved — I’ll go ahead and do that now, though it will only go to new, accepted registrants, not to existing users. I also put a notice on THATCamp.org generally about the issue.

Amanda French
    Superadministrador

Hi Mia,

Thanks to some volunteer development time, new users who register for your THATCamp will now get an email with a link they can click to set their password. The issue was due to a WordPress update that broke that function in the THATCamp Registrations plugin. Read more at https://github.com/chnm/thatcamp-org/issues/124 si te gusta.

Let us know if there are any further issues!

Amanda

Viendo 6 publicaciones - del 1 al 6 (de un total de 6)
  • Debes estar registrado para responder a este debate.
RCHN Mellon Mellon