January 2016 THATCamp Council meeting agenda

Home Forums THATCamp Council business January 2016 THATCamp Council meeting agenda

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Micah Vandegrift 3 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #5396

    Amanda French
    Keymaster

    We’re currently trying to schedule a January THATCamp Council meeting: meanwhile here’s an agenda.

    * Website issues, including those raised in thread about the last Council meeting agenda at http://thatcamp.org/forums/topic/agenda-items-for-next-meeting/

    * Status of additional documentation about such things as archived sites, Proceedings of THATCamp, etc.

    * Planning for Council elections in spring

    * Reports from various THATCamps

    * Other?

    #5397

    Patrick Murray-John
    Participant

    To maybe add, depending on the timing: Status of THATCamp Prime:

    At RRCHNM, so far no others interested in organizing a “Prime”, which reflects the identity crisis we’ve talked about. Grad students get back week of Jan 18, so will ping them again to see if there’s a group that wants to put on an RRCHNM/Prime THATCamp.

    If there’s no interest, I’m not going to try to put on a THATCamp by myself. That’ll raise the identity question again: Should there be a “Prime” that sets, or at least promotes, directions? How to put it together? (Especially since the NOVA THATCamp space is getting crowded with UVA, DC, and VCU events having happened and/or in the works?)

    #5406

    Micah Vandegrift
    Participant

    Minutes of THATCamp Council
    ===========

    Attendees – PMJ, AF, FC, MV

    #1 Website issues

    including those raised in thread about the last Council meeting agenda at http://thatcamp.org/forums/topic/agenda-items-for-next-meeting/

    Three different issues, but all have been resolved.
    1- WP Plugin Memory Leak. Boone fixed.
    2- Late Nov. log files filled up on server at Reclaim Hosting – Resolved.
    3- New Years. Server managed by linode, DDOS attack.

    Site performing much better than it ever has.

    Kick starter, or call for community to keep an eye on it?

    —– sidebar discussion —————
    THATCamp need a dedicated organizational home?
    Reclaim hosted, paid for by CHNM, but not necessarily an active IT support team.
    Difficult, but not impossible.

    CHNM treats THATCamp as a legacy project.

    Ask DLF? ADHO? ADHO-ACH? Rotation between different regional communities?

    Add a new role to the council? THATCamp Organizational Lead? Borrow model of DPLA state hub coordinator?

    What if we as a council wrote a grant proposal for a dedicated position?

    What if THATCamp doesnt need this level of ideological support?
    Council can be useful for institutional memory.
    We could reconceive the Council as an Advisory Board
    —– end sidebar —————

    New camps do NOT need to use the THATCamp site.
    Micah will follow up with John Crow about his questions.

    #2 Status of additional documentation about such things as archived sites, Proceedings of THATCamp, etc.

    AF said she would write the documentation and hasn’t yet.

    #3 Planning for Council elections in spring

    Election each year in March
    Anastasia rotating off, Frederic rotating off, Micah rotating off.
    Can run again, but must be reelected.

    AF must set up a polling plugin, call for candidates, all Council members are encouraged to spread the word.
    Tweet and email all THATCamp users… AF will draft announcement for THATCamp blog referencing all relevant details.

    Interested parties should email gro.p1571148926macta1571148926ht@ri1571148926ahc1571148926 by Feb. 29th.
    Voting will be held March 21-25.

    #4 Reports from various THATCamps

    Micah attending TC FL Feb 18th
    Amanda report from TC VA future
    Patrick report back about concept for TC Prime

    — ACTION ITEMS —

    Micah will email DLF to ask about interest for THATCamp organizational support
    Amanda will do the same for ACH
    Amanda will get the ball rolling on voting for new Council members.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

RCHN Mellon Mellon