URL, Site-Titel nicht direkt an der Hauptthatcamp Seite zeigen- Veränderung?

Zuhause Foren Technische Probleme URL, Site-Titel nicht direkt an der Hauptthatcamp Seite zeigen- Veränderung?

• Dieses Thema hat 12 Antworten, 4 Teilnehmer, und wurde zuletzt aktualisiert jetzt durch Kristen Lillvis.
Ansicht von 13 Beiträgen - 1 bis 13 (von insgesamt 13)
  • Autor
    Lisa Haitz
    Teilnehmer

Our listing on the main page is showing as :

ucincinnati2016
    Cincinnati, Ohio, Vereinigte Staaten von Amerika

We would like it to be:
    Thatcamp University of Cincinnati 2016

I changed the title in our WordPress instance, but I fear I entered it wrong when creating the site. Can this be changed?

Lisa Haitz
    Teilnehmer

I think maybe the site name needs to be changed in admin… anyone?

Dear Lisa,
    on your side, everything’s fine, as you suggested. The homepage is automatically generated. I suppose that there is a cache issue. I’ll see this with members of the THATCamp council.
    Beste,
    Frédéric

Hi Lisa and Frédéric,

I fixed this — it now says „THATCamp U Cincinnati 2016.“ Let me know if that’s the correct title.

Technical explanation: the way we have the THATCamp site set up, it runs both WordPress Multisite and BuddyPress. Multisite is the functionality that allows everyone to have their own separate site on the thatcamp.org domain, while BuddyPress is organized around the concept of „groups.“ Boone Gorges, our developer, made it so that BuddyPress „Gruppen“ are mapped onto Multisite „Sites,“ and it’s the BuddyPress Group names that show up in the list on the main page. That means that editing the site title after you’ve submitted the initial THATCamp Registration page (which creates the Groups) doesn’t change what’s on the home page.

Only THATCamp network administrators (d. h., the THATCamp Council) can edit Group names by going to Network Admin –> Groups.

Thanks for taking a look, Frédéric!

• Diese Antwort wurde geändert jetzt von Amanda Französisch. Grund: can't embed stupid screenshot
    • Diese Antwort wurde geändert jetzt von Amanda Französisch. Grund: add in Boone's full name since @ doesn't work
    Lisa Haitz
    Teilnehmer

Amanda
    Thanks for your assistance! Can it be University of Cincinnati instead of U of Cincinnati ? If that’s too long , maybe abbreviate to Univ.

Sorry to be a pain!!

We use WordPress Networks here as well, if you ever need another person !

Thanks again!
    Lisa

No worries — done!

Lisa Haitz
    Teilnehmer

Excellent – thanks for the fast work!

Kristen Lillvis
    Teilnehmer

I changed the THATCamp Ohio 2018 on my end to have a date of April 27, 2018, but it isn’t showing up on the THATCamp homepage. Would someone please help me update the date?

Kristen Lillvis
    Teilnehmer

Either the cache cleared or someone fixed it. Vielen Dank!

Hallo Kristen,,en,Ich machte den Cache und aktualisiert,,en,Haben Sie ein gutes Thatcamp,,en,Entweder wird der Cache gelöscht oder jemand es behoben,,en,Ich habe das Thatcamp Ohio,,en,an meinem Ende ein Datum April haben,,en,aber es zeigt nicht auf dem Spielthatcamp Homepage,,en,Würde jemand bitte helfen Sie mir das Datum aktualisieren,,en,Thema Ankündigung,,en,Kartographie und GIS,,en,Wie wir damit beginnen, die Details unserer Planung,,en,das Organisationskomitee hat beschlossen, die Gespräche zu konzentrieren, indem ein bestimmtes Thema wählen, die wir glauben, von großen Interesse für eine große Vielfalt wird von,,en — ja, I cleared the cache and it updated. Have a good THATCamp!

Amanda

Kristen Lillvis
    Teilnehmer

Hallo,

I need to change a date for THATCamp Ohio 2018, and while I was able to so before, I can’t figure out how at this time (and to make the date change appear on the main THATCamp page). Our date is now Sept. 22, 2018. Hilfe, gefallen? Vielen Dank!

Beste,
    Kristen

Hallo Kristen,,en,Ich machte den Cache und aktualisiert,,en,Haben Sie ein gutes Thatcamp,,en,Entweder wird der Cache gelöscht oder jemand es behoben,,en,Ich habe das Thatcamp Ohio,,en,an meinem Ende ein Datum April haben,,en,aber es zeigt nicht auf dem Spielthatcamp Homepage,,en,Würde jemand bitte helfen Sie mir das Datum aktualisieren,,en,Thema Ankündigung,,en,Kartographie und GIS,,en,Wie wir damit beginnen, die Details unserer Planung,,en,das Organisationskomitee hat beschlossen, die Gespräche zu konzentrieren, indem ein bestimmtes Thema wählen, die wir glauben, von großen Interesse für eine große Vielfalt wird von,,en, that option is in the Dashboard in THATCamp Setup. I changed it for you, and it’s reflected on the home page. If you still see the old date, that might be a caching issue — do a hard reload of the page and you should see the correct date.

Kristen Lillvis
    Teilnehmer

Vielen Dank, Amanda!

Ansicht von 13 Beiträgen - 1 bis 13 (von insgesamt 13)
  • Du musst angemeldet sein, um auf dieses Thema antworten zu können.
RCHN Mellon Mellon