We are coming to the end of our public beta period for the redesigned thatcamp.org, and to celebrate, we’re going to host a live question and answer session on Twitter. On Friday, December 7th at 10am Eastern, we’ll take half an hour to answer your questions about the process and product of our redesign. If you’re interested in either THATCamp or website redesign in general, keep an eye on the #thatcamp hashtag and/or the @thatcamp Twitter account at 10am Eastern on 12/7 to participate.
All the members of the team will be available to talk about the project:
- Tom Scheinfeldt, project lead, @foundhistory on Twitter
- Amanda French, project manager, @amandafrench on Twitter
- Boone Gorges, web developer, @boone on Twitter
- Tammie Lister, web designer, @karmatosed on Twitter
- Rebecca Onion, content writer, @rebeccaonion on Twitter
- Ammon Shepherd, systems administrator, @mossiso on Twitter
In case you hadn’t seen, some of the new features of thatcamp.org include the following:
- A network-wide Activity page that shows what people are doing on THATCamp sites around the world
- A network-wide People page where you can search for people who’ve been to a THATCamp
- User forums where THATCampers and THATCamp organizers can ask and answer questions of one another
- Lots of new social features, including friending, favoriting, and messaging — log in and look at your own user profile or see my user profile to check them out
- Built-in collaborative note-taking with Participad (coming soon)
- A lovely new look and feel
Talk to you soon!