THATCamp is looking to create a short piece that documents the history of THATCamp, interviews from participants, short footage from various THATCamps from around the world, and the issues surrounding developing and creating unconferences. In the spirit of THATCamp, we’d like to crowdsource part of the film, and get a good sense of different locations where THATCamps occur, different opinions about THATCamp as a phenomenon, different methods used to organize different Camps, etc.
Here are some ways you can contribute to THATCamp Documentary:
- Preferred length: 5 minutes
- Preferred device: Macintosh webcam.
- Submission via Vimeo (www.vimeo.com/thatcamp) or youtube (www.youtube.com/thatcamp). Tag your videos with “thatcamp” and “documentary”
Some Questions (pick two or three to focus on)
- Do you consider yourself a THATCamp junkie?
- What is the funniest thing that ever happened to you at THATCamp?
- How has THATCamp changed your life?
- Bitch about THATCamp.
- Where were you when you first heard about THATCamp?
- At your first THATCamp, what was the biggest surprise?
- Who’s the weirdest person you met at THATCamp?
- Does THATCamp rely too much on Twitter?
- Describe the typical THATCamper.
- Think of your own question and answer it.
Interview another person.
- Same parameters and questions as above, but you interview someone else.
Get a short amount of footage from a real THATCamp that you attend.
- Length: 5 minutes
- Preferred device: iPhone
- Submission via vimeo or youtube as above.
- Intriguing or bizzare sessions.
- 1 minute interviews with campers answering the question: “What does THATCamp mean to me?”
- Hacking sessions.
- Move from one session to another simultaneous one and record your experience.
- Montage/remix/hack/experiment: What does it mean to represent a THATCamp unconference on film?
**Please note that not every piece of footage submitted will make it into THATCamp Documentary. However, we will archive all footage sent to us on a website or in an outtakes video created alongside THATCamp Documentary.